IdentityIQ Implementation: Essentials v7.2 - CLASSROOM
This course was previously known as Fundamentals of IdentityIQ Implementation.
The IdentityIQ Implementation: Essentials course is designed for SailPoint customers and partners who will be implementing IdentityIQ. This course covers the breadth of performing an IdentityIQ implementation. This class is crucial for technical and project management staff who are new to IdentityIQ. It provides the foundation to benefit from all other SailPoint material and trainings, and to be part of a successful implementation team.
IdentityIQ Implementation: Essentials is led by our highly experienced training team and takes place at SailPoint facilities around the globe, or can be brought to your site.
For training on IdentityIQ, the 7.2 training is appropriate for both 7.2 and 7.3 users. We encourage you to learn about the many interesting and useful new options in version 7.3 with your complimentary enrollment in IdentityIQ 7.3 New Features – ELEARNING (complimentary with puchases of this course made after August 31, 2018).
To ensure a successful IdentityIQ implementation, it is critical that implementers have a strong understanding of the standard IdentityIQ functions, and that they also understand where and how to incorporate custom business logic in a supportable manner. Throughout this course, the student is introduced to the standard IdentityIQ behavior and also taught best practices for extending the behavior.
This course follows the flow of an IdentityIQ implementation project, starting with installing IdentityIQ, and continuing through configuring and customizing both Compliance Manager (for certification/access reviews) and Lifecycle Manager (for provisioning). Students configure IdentityIQ to connect to and read/write data from business applications, learn detailed information around task (batch job) efficiencies for reading and processing data, and how to write a custom task. Important to any development project, the student learns to leverage the log files and administrative tools to support troubleshooting and advanced configuration.
The ideal students for this course are members of the technical team who will be implementing IdentityIQ. These students will have Java and XML knowledge, and be starting an implementation project soon after course completion. Project Managers and other staff involved with design decisions and implementation oversight can also benefit from this training, as XML and Java samples are provided.
Topics covered by the course (Full course overview)
- IdentityIQ Installation and Architecture
- Application Account/Group Aggregation – including entitlements
- Connectors – including Delimited File, JDBC, LDAP, Active Directory
- Roles (Business, IT)
- Compliance Manager/Certification
- Risk Modeling
- Rules (BeanShell) and the SailPoint API
- Lifecycle Manager/Access Management
- Business Processes (Workflow Engine)
- Debugging, Troubleshooting, Logging
- Customized Reports/Data Export
- Provisioning Process
Complimentary Enrollment: After you complete this instructor-led training, you will receive email notification of your complimentary enrollment in the IdentityIQ 7.3 New Features – ELEARNING course.
- IdentityIQ Introduction v7.2 (free, self-paced, register through the Identity University Catalog)
- It is highly recommended that attendees have a background in XML, Java, Application Servers and Databases.
Content is available one week prior to course start date through two weeks after course conclusion.
- Provide a laptop or equivalent device that meets the minimum requirements
- Download FII Exercises from the MATERIALS list in your Identity University course enrollment
- Download FII Presentations from the MATERIALS list in your Identity University course enrollment
- Determine how you'll access the virtual machine
- Option 1 -- Downloadable Virtual Machine (Preferred)
- Install software to run the virtual machine -- product options: VMWare Player 6.0 (or newer) or VMWare Workstation 10 (or newer) or VM Fusion 6.0 (or newer)
- Ensure that the computer to be used for the training provides a minimum of 3GB RAM and a minimum 20GB of free HD space
- Download and unzip the VM zip file from the link in your SailPoint University course enrollment
- Test that you can successfully run the VM
- Option 2 -- Browser-based Virtual Machine
- Utilize the cloud-based VM via your browser for this purpose (no need to install any software on your computer)
- Access the VM through the link listed in your SailPoint University course enrollment
- VM access starts the week before class and ends 2 weeks after the last day
- Option 1 -- Downloadable Virtual Machine (Preferred)
To obtain the course completion certificate, you must attend every day and complete the post-training self-assessment test and course feedback survey.
See the Identity University FAQ for more information.
For more details on this course including software requirements please see IdentityIQ Implementation: Essentials Overview
Need training on your own schedule or at your own location? Check out the same great IdentityIQ Implementation: Essentials training in an eLearning format..
Excellent training. Our trainer was superb. He was very knowledgeable and engaging. He made additional time if needed to ensure all help that was needed or questions that needed answering were fulfilled.
Great course. The instructor was very knowledgeable, easy to understand, provided guidance to our specific environment. The labs worked, which was great!
Trainer was patient and addressed all queries.
The trainer explained the material in a manner that was easy to understand. Kudos!