IdentityIQ Implementation and Administration: Essentials v8.0 - REMOTE
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to implement and configure common IdentityIQ use cases and to support a standard implementation of IdentityIQ. Using Accelerator Pack, students learn best practices for onboarding and configuring application interactions (for example joiner/mover/leaver, and access requests). Students will also be able to describe, configure and administer the standard ongoing processes to load and maintain the IdentityIQ data, and list and use the tools available for monitoring and troubleshooting the system.
IdentityIQ Implementation and Administration: Essentials is led by our highly experienced training team and takes place at SailPoint facilities around the globe, or can be brought to your site.
NOTE: The REMOTE format training option for this class is only available in the Asia-Pacific region.
After completing this course, students should be able to:
- Configure and administer IdentityIQ to support compliance and provisioning activity
- Create application definitions that enable IdentityIQ to communicate (aggregate and provision) with corporate systems
- Configure application business behaviors for provisioning activities (for example: joiner/mover/leaver, approvers, and more)
- Configure connectors (for example: delimited file, JDBC, LDAP, Active Directory)
- Construct identity and account schemas that include custom attributes specific to the organization
- Define parameters for classification of accounts and entitlements (locked, disabled, privileged, birthright) during aggregation
- Create identities in IdentityIQ
- Load account and entitlement data into IdentityIQ and correlate accounts to the appropriate account owner
- Monitor status of aggregation and provisioning actions
- Organize personnel within IdentityIQ based on their IdentityIQ responsibilities and access needs
- Evaluate data quality using IdentityIQ reporting and searching functionality
- Describe the process for using IdentityIQ to support corporate electronic access policies
- Describe the process for supporting IdentityIQ certification campaigns
- Describe the standard IdentityIQ two-tier role model
- Describe the difference between birthright and business roles
- Configure, run, and monitor Lifecycle Events, including how to specify triggers, and designate provisioning actions for each event
- Configure and monitor access requests – specify which access items are requestable and the appropriate approval processes
- Describe the relationship between Quicklink Populations and Quicklinks
- Explain how IdentityIQ supports requests for password reset
- Identify and utilize tools available for onboarding, troubleshooting, and working with SailPoint Support (Administrator Console, Advanced Analytics, IdentityIQ Console, Debug pages)
- IdentityIQ Implementation team: technical staff, business administrators, project managers, and other staff involved with design decisions and implementation oversight
- IdentityIQ System Administration team: staff involved with supporting and monitoring test and production instances of IdentityIQ
- IdentityIQ Introduction v8.0
- It is helpful for attendees with technical responsiibiities to have a background in XML, Java, Application Servers and Databases.
Content is available one week prior to course start date through two weeks after course conclusion.
- Provide a laptop or equivalent device that meets the minimum requirements
- Download the Exercises PDF from the MATERIALS list in your Identity University course enrollment
- Download the Presentations PDF from the MATERIALS list in your Identity University course enrollment
- Determine how you'll access the virtual machine
- Option 1 -- Downloadable Virtual Machine (Preferred)
- Install software to run the virtual machine -- product options: VMWare Workstation or VM Fusion
- Ensure that the computer to be used for the training provides a minimum of 4GB unused RAM and a minimum 20GB of free HD space
- Download and unzip the VM zip file from the link in your SailPoint University course enrollment
- Test that you can successfully run the VM
- Option 2 -- Browser-based Virtual Machine
- Utilize the cloud-based VM via your browser for this purpose (no need to install any software on your computer)
- Access the VM through the link listed in your SailPoint University course enrollment
- VM access starts the week before class and ends 2 weeks after the last day
- Option 1 -- Downloadable Virtual Machine (Preferred)
What's the difference between this class and previous versions of IdentityIQ Implementation: Essentials classes?
This course is a complete rewrite to accomodate:
- New audience. This course still targets the implementation team (technical staff, business administrators, project managers, etc.) and now also targets system administrators -- those folks who monitor and support the production system.
- Accelerator Pack. Accelerator Pack provides many additional "out of the box" features that significantly simplify configuration and reduce time to go-live.
Note that to accommodate new content, a lot of content has been rearranged and moved out of this course. For example, this course now briefly introduces certifications, roles, and policy and how they work within the system, and leverages rules and workflows throughout, but detailed configuration and creation for these topics is covered in separate courses.
Where to find training for relocated topics:
Business Administrator Topics
- Certification configuration, process and evaluation: IdentityIQ Administration: Compliance Manager Essentials; stand alone elearning coming fall 2019
- Role creation, assignment process, and management: IdentityIQ Administration: Compliance Manager Essentials; stand alone elearning coming fall 2019
- Policy creation, process and evaluation: IdentityIQ Administration: Compliance Manager Essentials; stand alone elearning coming fall 2019
- Risk configuration, process and evaluation: IdentityIQ Administration: Compliance Manager Essentials; stand alone elearning coming fall 2019
- Rule creation and usage, and the application programmer interface: IdentityIQ Implementation: Rules, Scripts, and API v8.0
- Workflow creation and the Business Process Editor: IdentityIQ Implementation: Advanced Provisioning and Workflows v8.0
- Reports -- writing custom reports: Reporting whitepaper; stand alone elearning coming late 2019