IdentityNow Implementation and Administration: Advanced- REMOTE
IdentityNow Implementation and Administration: Advanced is specifically designed for individuals who have been through IdentityNow Implementation and Administration: Essentials training and desire more advanced knowledge of IdentityNow configuration and administration activities. Topics include REST API calls, Seaspray transforms, and common troubleshooting activities used during advanced configuration efforts.
Topics are covered through:
- instructor-led presentations
- class discussions
- product demonstrations
- detailed, hands-on exercises using a live IdentityNow tenant for each student
IdentityNow Implementation and Administration: Advanced is led by our highly experienced SailPoint team and can be delivered remotely or in person at SailPoint facilities around the globe or at your site.
To arrange an on-site private IdentityNow Implementation and Administration: Essentials class, contact email@example.com for more information.
Participants in this course will cover the following topics.
· Advanced Implementation including:
o Configuring tenant behavior
o Loading environment data
o Troubleshooting configuration issues
· REST API communication with IdentityNow including:
o Exploring tools and documentation provided with IdentityNow
o Employing a REST API client of the student’s preference (Postman is suggested)
o Submitting a variety of REST API calls into the IdentityNow tenant
o Experimenting with multiple authentication methods available to the API
· Troubleshooting and Debugging with available troubleshooting and debugging tools. This topic includes:
o Troubleshooting Identity exceptions
o Enabling debugging mode on Virtual Appliances
o Examining recent system activities
o Evaluating common warnings and errors
· Branding covers configuring IdentityNow to match corporate “look and feel” by inserting standard branding content into the tenant.
o Updating naming, colors and graphics used in the user interface
o Updating standard email templates with graphics and preferred addresses
o Supporting multiple corporate/subsidiary brands
· Searching includes:
o Allowing students to experiment with different search queries as an introduction to the identity data model
o Understanding syntax required to perform searches via the UI
o Using advanced interactions with your browser to view system-initiated API calls and translating those calls into a REST API client
· Building a Transform covers Seaspray transform design, deployment, and testing. This includes:
o Viewing currently available transforms
o Following the data flow from a flat file, into and through IdentityNow
o Understanding how a transform is used in an Identity Profile
o Planning and designing the implementation of a new transform
o Creating a new transform in the tenant via REST API
o Updating a transform
The ideal student for this course is a member of the technical IdentityNow implementation team who will focus on advanced configuration efforts such as integrations or tools development via REST API, Seaspray transformations, and troubleshooting activities. This can include technical implementers, solution architects, and members of an IdentityNow administration team.
- IdentityNow Implementation and Administration: Essentials
- Solid knowledge of IdentityNow concepts and architecture
- Experience testing/integrating with REST APIs
- Experience with systems implementation activities
- Experience with scripting or coding language syntax
You must provide proof that you have completed or are about to complete the prerequisite course, IdentityNow Implementation and Administration: Essentials, prior to the start date. Email firstname.lastname@example.org by 14 calendar days before the class start with any one of the following:
- The proof of completion you received from Identity University, which is stored in your Identity University account
- The date and location where you took the prerequisite course
- Your current confirmed Identity University enrollment in the prerequisite course
Your enrollment will be cancelled, and your payment will not be refunded, if you fail to comply with the prerequisites for this course.
If you have any questions, or to request an exception, email email@example.com.
- Provide a laptop or equivalent device that meets the minimum requirements and an internet connection
- Provide a headset with a microphone
- IdentityNow has additional device requirements.
- Locally installed REST API client of your preference (i.e. Postman)
- Locally installed text file editor or coding environment of your preference (i.e. TextWrangler)
- Local admin rights on provided computer may be necessary
- Download Artifacts from the MATERIALS list in your Identity University course enrollment
- Download Exercises from the MATERIALS list in your Identity University course enrollment
- Download Presentations from the MATERIALS list in your Identity University course enrollment
- Remote courses are delivered with remote attendance technologies and require that each student have a computer with high-quality internet access. A headset that includes a microphone is highly recommended.
- Content is available one week prior to course start date.
- Access to student environments is available for one week following the course end date. Access must be coordinated with your instructor to ensure virtual machines are started.
Central Daylight Time
Central Daylight Time
Central Daylight Time
Australian Eastern Daylight Time (New South Wales)