IdentityIQ Implementation and Administration: Essentials v8.0 - ELEARNING
Upon successful completion of the IdentityIQ Implementation and Administration: Essentials course, students should be able to implement and configure common IdentityIQ use cases and to support a standard implementation of IdentityIQ. Using Accelerator Pack, students learn best practices for onboarding and configuring application interactions (for example joiner/mover/leaver, and access requests).
The IdentityIQ Implementation and Administration: Essentials course is designed for SailPoint customers and partners who will be implementing IdentityIQ, and for system administrators of production IdentityIQ instances.
Students will also be able to describe, configure and administer the standard ongoing processes to load and maintain the IdentityIQ data, and list and use the tools available for monitoring and troubleshooting the system.
In this course, students will:
- Configure and administer IdentityIQ to support compliance and provisioning activity
- Create application definitions that enable IdentityIQ to communicate (aggregate and provision) with corporate systems
- Configure application business behaviors for provisioning activities (for example: joiner/mover/leaver, approvers, and more)
- Configure connectors (for example: delimited file, JDBC, LDAP, Active Directory)
- Construct identity and account schemas that include custom attributes specific to the organization
- Define parameters for classification of accounts and entitlements (locked, disabled, privileged, birthright) during aggregation
- Create identities in IdentityIQ
- Load account and entitlement data into IdentityIQ and correlate accounts to the appropriate account owner
- Monitor status of aggregation and provisioning actions
- Organize personnel within IdentityIQ based on their IdentityIQ responsibilities and access needs
- Evaluate data quality using IdentityIQ reporting and searching functionality
- Describe the process for using IdentityIQ to support corporate electronic access policies
- Describe the process for supporting IdentityIQ certification campaigns
- Describe the standard IdentityIQ two-tier role model
- Describe the difference between birthright and business roles
- Configure, run, and monitor Lifecycle Events, including how to specify triggers, and designate provisioning actions for each event
- Configure and monitor access requests – specify which access items are requestable and the appropriate approval processes
- Describe the relationship between Quicklink Populations and Quicklinks
- Explain how IdentityIQ supports requests for password reset
- Identify and utilize tools available for onboarding, troubleshooting, and working with SailPoint Support (Administrator Console, Advanced Analytics, IdentityIQ Console, Debug pages)
This training is delivered as a self-paced eLearning course, made up of short presentation video segments and hands-on exercises. Students perform hands-on exercises in a Skytap Virtual Machine that contains all the course artifacts.
- IdentityIQ Implementation team: technical staff, business administrators, project managers, and other staff involved with design decisions and implementation oversight
- IdentityIQ System Administration team: staff involved with supporting and monitoring test and production instances of IdentityIQ
- IdentityIQ Introduction v8.0
- It is helpful for attendees with technical responsibilities to have a background in XML, Java, Application Servers and Databases
Course Exercises: Course exercises are completed in a web-based virtual machine.
Completion Certificate: To obtain the course completion certificate students must complete all of the modules, the self-assessment test, and the course feedback survey.
System Requirements: Make sure attendee system and internet connection meet all SkyTap Access Requirements.
Course Access: Access to this course is provided for 90 days from date of enrollment.
See the Identity University FAQ for more information.
What's the difference between this class and previous versions of IdentityIQ Implementation: Essentials classes?
This course is a complete rewrite to accommodate:
- New audience. This course still targets the implementation team (technical staff, business administrators, project managers, etc.) and now also targets system administrators -- those folks who monitor and support the production system.
- Accelerator Pack. Accelerator Pack provides many additional "out of the box" features that significantly simplify configuration and reduce time to go-live.
Note that to accommodate new content, a lot of content has been rearranged and moved out of this course. For example, this course now briefly introduces certifications, roles, and policy and how they work within the system, and leverages rules and workflows throughout, but detailed configuration and creation for these topics is covered in separate courses.
Where to find training for relocated topics:
Business Administrator Topics
- Certification configuration, process and evaluation: IdentityIQ Business Administration: Certification
- Policy creation, process and evaluation: IdentityIQ Business Administration: Policy
- Role creation, assignment process, and management: IdentityIQ Administration: Compliance Manager Essentials; stand alone elearning coming Q1 2020
- Risk configuration, process and evaluation: Risk whitepaper
- Rule creation and usage, and the application programmer interface: IdentityIQ Implementation: Rules, Scripts, and API v8.0
- Workflow creation and the Business Process Editor: IdentityIQ Implementation: Advanced Provisioning and Workflows v8.0
- Reports -- writing custom reports: Reporting whitepaper; stand alone elearning coming 2020