IdentityIQ Implementation: Advanced Provisioning and Workflows v8.0 - CLASSROOM
IdentityIQ Implementation: Advanced Provisioning and Workflows is specifically designed for individuals who have been through IdentityIQ Implementation: Essentials training and desire deeper knowledge regarding SailPoint's provisioning features, including workflow development and customization of the provisioning process.
The ideal students for this course are members of the technical IdentityIQ implementation team who will be focusing on provisioning projects, especially those involving workflow customizations. Typically, a subset of the overall implementation team attends this training and provides this expertise. Students are expected to independently navigate within IdentityIQ, and write both XML and Java code. It is highly recommended that students participate in a provisioning implementation project soon after course completion.
IdentityIQ Implementation: Advanced Provisioning and Workflows is led by our highly experienced SailPoint team, and takes place at SailPoint facilities around the globe, or at your site.
Topics cover the following features of the IdentityIQ Provisioning stack:
- Workflow Development
- Provisioning Process
- Provisioning Object Model
- Connector/Integration Architecture
- Custom Connectors/Integrations
- Generating Approvals/Workitems from a Workflow
- Email Templates/Sending Emails
- Custom Auditing
- Lifecycle Manager (LCM)
- LCM Configuration
- LCM Requests (Role, Entitlement, Account, Password)
- Lifecycle Events (Joiner, Mover, Leaver)
- LCM Workflow Details (Workflows and Subprocesses)
- Advanced Topics
- Configuring Retries and Queuing
- Using the Step Replicator Functionality
- Using the IdentityModel object to manage Identities and Accounts
The course spans 32 hours and consists of a mix of presentations and labs. There is a specific focus on hands-on activity and an open exchange of information.
The SailPoint IdentityIQ Implementation: Advanced Provisioning and Workflows course is targeted at technical members of an IdentityIQ implementation team.
- IdentityIQ Implementation and Administration: Essentials v8.0
- Experience writing Java code and editing XML
- IdentityIQ Implementation: Rules, Scripts, and API v8.0 (recommended)
You must provide proof that you have completed or are about to complete the prerequisite course, IdentityIQ Implementation and Administration: Essentials, prior to the start date. Email email@example.com by 14 calendar days before the class start with any one of the following:
- The proof of completion you received from Identity University, which is stored in your Identity University account
- The date and location where you took the prerequisite course
- Your current confirmed Identity University enrollment in the prerequisite course
Your enrollment will be cancelled, and your payment will not be refunded, if you fail to comply with the prerequisites for this course.
If you have any questions, or to request an exception, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: IdentityIQ Implementation: Essentials v7.2 or earlier is also an acceptable prerequisite in place of IdentityIQ Implementation and Administration: Essentials v8.0.
Content is available one week prior to course start date through two weeks after course conclusion.
- Provide a laptop or equivalent device to run the virtual machine for the exercises (see requirements below)
- Download Exercises from the MATERIALS list in your Identity University course enrollment
- Download Presentations from the MATERIALS list in your Identity University course enrollment
- Determine how you'll access the virtual machine
- Option 1
- Utilize the cloud-based VM via your browser for this purpose (no need to install any software on your computer)
- Access the VM through the link listed in your Identity University course enrollment
- VM access starts the week before class and ends 2 weeks after the last day
- Option 2 (complete the below instructions prior to attending class)
- Install software to run the virtual machine -- product options: VMWare Player 6.0 (or newer) or VMWare Workstation 10 (or newer) or VM Fusion 6.0 (or newer)
- Ensure that the computer to be used for the training provides a minimum of 4GB unused RAM and a minimum 20GB of free HD space
- Download and unzip the VM zip file from the link in your Identity University course enrollment. Access to the VM zip file starts one week prior to the class start date.
- Test that you can successfully run the VM
- Option 1
What's the difference between this class and previous versions of IdentityIQ Implementation: Advanced Provisioning classes?
This course fundamentally covers the same content as previous course versions. Notable changes include
- Content expansion to cover all aspects of workflow creation: previous versions provided a review of the basics of the Business Process Editor and workflow components, which have now been fully moved into this course
- Exercise adjustments and reordering to provide early hands-on practice with workflow development tasks
NOTE: This course does not center around the Accelerator Pack, and the VM does not contain the Accelerator Pack components. The strategies and skills taught in this course are most important to implementers who will be defining their own business-specific workflows and provisioning processes, in lieu of using Accelerator Pack workflows. However, the course is also appropriate to customers who are implementing Accelerator Pack and either want to implement supplemental business-specific processes or simply want to understand the inner workings of the workflow and provisioning processes in IdentityIQ that are ultimately used in all provisioning operations.
Central Daylight Time
Central Standard Time
Central Daylight Time
Central European Summer Time
Australian Eastern Daylight Time (New South Wales)
I have now taken both the Essentials and Advanced Workflows classes and have been very impressed with the instructors and the excellent quality of the exercises and the virtual environment supplied to go with the training.
I had the chance to attend the Advanced Provisioning SailPoint Training and was the best training I have ever attended. The material was well organized. The learning techniques were very effective and the instructors were incredibly knowledgeable going above and beyond answering all questions. I'm glad I was able to attend this class with these instructors. Extremely recommended.
The instructor did an outstanding job with the material. The whole process was spot on. I definitely feel more competent on this topic than I did a few days ago. Thanks!
Sailpoint advanced course provides deep dive into technical intricacies and inner workings of the product. Recommend the course as a must have for the implementers to map the customer needs to product functionality for optimal implementation of IAM program. Like wise this course is recommended for the product Administrators, Operations Team to handle ongoing maintenance of the IAM program and program management can benefit with the knowledge in the course manage the IAM program optimally. The course content and labs in the course gives first hand experience and reveals the flexibility and richness of the product. Highly recommend this course to be taken from SailPoint university for customers with SailPoint IAM footprint and for Services team.