IdentityNow Implementation and Administration: Essentials
The IdentityNow Implementation and Administration: Essentials course is designed for SailPoint customers and partners participating in an IdentityNow implementation and/or performing general administration of IdentityNow. Topics include virtual appliance health, user security settings, building, extending and viewing identities, creating password policies and managing password change. Topics also include defining and completing a certification campaign, overview of separation of duties, automating and administering access provisioning, and configuring and testing access requests.
Topics are covered through:
- Instructor-led presentations
- Class discussion
- Product demonstration
- Interactive exercises providing a simulated hands-on experience
Led by our highly experienced SailPoint team, IdentityNow Implementation and Administration: Essentials employs a blended learning approach to familiarize learners with an IdentityNow tenant and four IdentityNow modules: Access Certification, Access Request, User Provisioning, and Password Management.
Private events are available for this class. Contact your CSM or submit a Training Plan Consultation request via the support portal.
Participants in this course will cover the following topics:
- Exploring Your Tenant, including:
- You've been invited
- Virtual Appliance health
- User Security Settings
- Identity Model Overview, including:
- Building Identities
- Extending Identity Data
- Managing Password Changes, including:
- Review End User Password Reset
- Creating the Corporate Default Password Policy
- Performing Password Synchronization
- Reverse Password Synchronization
- Certification Campaign Administration, including:
- Defining Certification Campaigns
- Executing Certification Campaigns
- Defining an Access Model, including:
- Introduction to Modeling Access
- Starting your Access Model
- Monitoring Access Management Activities
- Automating Access Provisioning, including:
- Provisioning overview
- Best Practices
- Packaging the Plan
- Enabling Provisioning for your Tenant
- Managing Provisioning Activities
- Provisioning Triggers
- Allowing Access Requests, including:
- Access Request Overview
- Approving Access
- Access Request Configuration
- Overview of Separation of Duties, including:
- What is a Separation of Duty policy?
- How to define a Separation of Duty policy
- How to enforce a Separation of Duty policy
The ideal participant will have a general understanding of identity access management and governance concepts and a working knowledge of cloud-based solutions and various source systems such as Microsoft Active Directory or databases.
Required: IdentityNow Introduction elearning
The IdentityNow Implementation and Administration: Essentials course expects that learners to have a working understanding of the concepts and terminology presented in the free IdentityNow Introduction prerequisite course.
You must provide proof that you have completed or are about to complete the prerequisite course, IdentityNow Introduction eLearning, prior to the start date.
Contact https://support.sailpoint.com by 14 calendar days before the class start with any one of the following:
- The proof of completion you received from Identity University, which is stored in your Identity University account
- Your current confirmed Identity University enrollment in the prerequisite course
Your enrollment will be cancelled, and your payment will not be refunded if you fail to comply with the prerequisites for this course.
- Provide a laptop or equivalent device that meets the minimum requirements
- Provide a headset with a microphone
- Download Exercise PDF from the MATERIALS list in your Identity University course enrollment
- Download Presentation PDF from the MATERIALS list in your Identity University course enrollment